Literacy matters to lifelong learning. In keeping with our mission of supporting lifelong learning, the Houston Public Library Foundation will award 100 gently used books to a local charitable or scholastic organization monthly.
By applying for the Our Community Reads award, you agree to the following:
- The monthly awardee will arrive at the conclusion of Friends Warehouse book sale (first Saturday of the month) and select 100 books of your choice based upon your charitable needs.
- The books will be provided for local individuals and will not be resold.
- You will present a signed, in-kind donation form from your organization with a donation value of $200.
- Your organization will follow the Houston Library Foundation’s social media.
- You will post a thank you on your social media within 24 hours of receiving the books.
You will be notified if your application is selected for the Our Community Reads award. Only one organization will receive an award monthly. Your application will remain on file for 12 months. Once an organization receives an award, you may not reapply for 12 months.