Donor Privacy Statement
The Houston Public Library Foundation handles your information with care and is dedicated to maintaining and respecting the privacy of our donors, volunteers, and members.
The Foundation collects the following personal information when a donation is made: Donor name, acknowledgement name, amount donated, address, telephone number, and email address. Donor information is used for the following internal purposes:
- Distribute receipts for donations
- Thank donors for their contribution
- Inform donors about current and upcoming activities of the Foundation, including additional opportunities to support the Foundation
- Track and analyze donor data
- Comply with current rules and regulations governing 501(c)(3) financial reporting
- Comply with any reporting requirements related to specific grants or contributions
- Comply with local, state and federal guidelines
The Foundation does not sell or lease donor information, and donors are given the opportunity to unsubscribe from emails at the bottom of each message. All fundraising activities and donor benefits are in full compliance with the Association of Fundraising Professionals’ Donor Bill of Rights. You may request a copy of the Donor Bill of Rights by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your online donations are safe and secure. The Library Foundation uses industry-standard SSL encryption to protect the confidentiality of your personal information and the security of your donation. All online donations are confirmed by a follow-up email, and we mail written receipts to all donors. We will remove your name from our mailing list, email list, or telephone solicitation list at any time, at your request.